Nike+ Challenge


Get a Voki now!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Whangaparaoa College vs Takapuna Grammar

On Saturday the 21st of June we played Takapuna Grammar at rugby at home. The score was 24-17. The try scorers were Woody, Taylor, Trent, ME. The other team was pretty aggressive and were ill-disciplined. This game was pretty important because I scored before Rory. I had made a promise to myself that I would not let Rory score before me. Rory stole the ball in the ruck, legally, and then I got it off the back off the ruck and ducked under the first player and dived for the line with one or two people trying to push me in touch. It wasn't an outstanding try but it got us 5 points. Some could say that it was the winning try. Taylor got man of the match which I don't agree with 100% but he was alright. The thing about Taylor was I dislike is that he NEVER PASSES THE BALL. Oh my god, its so irritating when you have a gap in front of you and if he passed you would have been through. Also when he runs, he runs away from the forwards, the forwards are the people who support you, your not meant to run away from them, Another thing is that when Taylor gets tackled, we never regain the ball in the ruck, he runs too far away from the forwards which results in us being unable to blow over the top and keep hold of the ball.
The starting lineup was:
1.Woody(captain)
2.Mat
3.Rory
4.Neil
5.James F
6.Hayden
7.Me
8.Taylor(Man of the match)
9.JT
10.Corby
12.Brandon
13.Jaime
14.Tom
15.Trent

No comments: