Nike+ Challenge


Get a Voki now!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Rosmini College vs Whangaparaoa College

On Saturday 17th of May we played Rosmini College, their 1st team. If you did not know Rosmini College are one of the top teams for rugby in Auckland, AND WE BEAT THEM! Actually no we didn't, we got smashed, just like last week. The score was 46-0. This team had all legal players unlike last week. We had a similar forward pack than last week but instead of Corbin starting, Neil replaced him. And Taylor moved to number 8 sending Jacob into lock to play his first game. Woody didn't have as good a game as last week. Woody was getting a bit aggressive, throwing punches and high tackles, the referee spoke to him and told him that he isn't scared to send him off. The referee this week was way better than last weeks. He let play continue for longer. My game wasn't as good as last weeks but I still thought I played to a satisfactory level. He had the ball more times than last week though. And guess what? I nearly got into a fight. I threw a guy off the ruck and got angry and started to push me, so I told him to calm down, then he replied "I'll ******* knock you out. Surprisingly I was in the starting lineup. I didn't think i would start because I missed training on Thursday due to injury. But I was told that I would be substituted at half-time. Just before the game started Mr. O'Brien told me that 15 minutes into the second-half I would come in for Mat, and play at hooker. I had about three scrums and a lineout at hooker, but then James got injured so Mat came back on and I went back to flanker.
The starting lineup was:

1.Woody(captain)
2.Mat
3.Rory
4.Jacob
5.Bryn
6.Neil
7.Vinay
8.Taylor
9.J.T
10.Brandon
11.Eamon
12.Jamie
13.Jassie
14.Josh(played useless, no offence)
15.Tim(played useless, lots of offence)

No comments: